Pearls are one of the gorgeous pieces of gemstone in the world. Throughout history, it has been a part of royal families and has shown its remark in fashion time and time again. It has been a staple in fashion for centuries and also is a part of the modern style. Pearls have a unique style and are classic for any outfits. There are many things you will be surprised to know about this precious gemstone.
- Pearls are the only gemstones in the world that are highly organic and created by living organisms. Other gemstones are made of minerals and compounds underground, whereas this gemstone is formed by the living organisms like an oyster, mussel or clam. It is a defense mechanism of the oyster, mussel or clam towards the external parasite, and the fluid is used to coat the irritant. Nacre is layer upon the layers of this coating and is deposited until it forms into a lustrous pearl.
- You can identify real pearls by rubbing against in front of your teeth. You can fill slightly rough and gritty texture, whereas fake pearls smoothly run over the teeth.
- Pearls are the birthstone for the people born in June. So gifting pearl jewelry to your friend born in June can be the best birthday gift. Freshwater pearls are also affordable and classic jewelry option you can buy.
- Mussels living in lakes, rivers, and ponds produce the freshwater pearls whereas the oyster living in seas and oceans, produce the saltwater pearls. Saltwater pearls take a longer time to grow and have more luster than freshwater pearls produced in less time. Therefore saltwater pearls are expensive, but there is only a slight difference between them.
- Men can also wear pearl. Pearl ropes were part of outfits for kings and rulers in ancient times. Pearl jewelry in the modern world also includes leather strands and pearl cufflinks.
- Pearl is included in the traditional anniversary gifts categories. Gifting pearls on your first anniversary can be the best option for you. If you are planning to buy a pearl ring for your wife this anniversary, then go to this site and explore the beautiful pearl rings