Welcome to Style Stalker, dear readers, in which we give you the lowdown on how to exactly recreate outfits worn by one of your favorite tastemakers—Nicole Richie. Email for email, we receive more queries about how to snag Richie’s celeb style than just about anyone else. So ye asked and ye shall receive. Now, if this story sounds “familiar” in concept, you might better know it as The Article Formerly Known As Single White Female.
Today’s Style Stalker looks at Nicole Richie at work and at play. First up is play (the look on the left). Leave it to Richie to pull off one of the season’s coolest and most difficult trends to wear—the romper. Also known as a playsuit or jumper, Richie paired her McQ Navy Button-up Jumper with a medium Balenciaga motorcycle bag, oversized sunglasses, and tan suede Louboutins for a day of shopping in Beverly Hills.
When work calls (she just finished filming E!’s The Simple Life Goes To Camp, debuts May 28th) she is equally impeccably attired. For this look (pictured right), Richie chose an Emilio Pucci batwing dress and one of the seasons must have shoes, Christian Louboutin Very Prive Peep-toe Platforms. Read on for details on how to get these outfits—both exact items and similar styles are included.
- As we mentioned above, Richie’s actual jumper is by McQ. ($524, electricladyland.com) We located a fantastic version of this item for significantly less, Topshop’s Button Through Playsuit, seen above. ($80, topshop.com)
- While Richie’s medium black leather Balenciaga motorcycle bag has been a continual trend for ages, we also like the similar feeling of this Linea Pelle tote. ($172.50, lineapelle.com)
- This richly colored coral Emilio Pucci batwing dress was a stunner on the spring runway and will make quite the statement everywhere else too. ($5220, net-a-porter.com)
- When anything but the best just won’t do, take a cue from a Louboutin fan like Richie and go for the red sole. ($720, at select Saks Fifth Avenue stores)
- If you want Richie-style major sunglasses without the major price tag, look for these Marc by Marc Jacobs Oversized Square Sunglasses. ($85, intermix.com) Either that, or look for the slightly more expensive but tougher and certainly more stylish Oliver Peoples sunglasses.
- An easy way to lengthen your legs (especially when you’re tiny like Richie) is to pull on a pair of tan heels. This extra tall, Xcite slingback by Pelle Moda isn’t the Christian Louboutin shoe our Style Stalker chose, but we think they’re pretty darn close. ($114.99, piperlime.com)
- Cinch a braided, gold, woven belt around you for a thrifty final touch. ($6.80, forever21.com)